Frequently asked questions
- What is Shielded.app?
Shielded is a website that helps you meet your record-keeping responsibilities related to NSW Public Health Order (No 4) 2020 on the COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement.
- What are these obligations?
- Collect the contact details of your guests (name, telephone or email address)
- Keep the records for at least 4 weeks
- Prevent unauthorised access to records
- Keep these records in a secure manner
- On request, provide these records to the Chief Health Officer
- How does Shielded work?
- A Shielded sign will be provided to you.
- Ask your guests to scan the sign with their phone.
- When they scan the Shielded Sign, they will be directed to a “Check-in form” for your location.
- What happens if a customer doesn’t have a phone or can’t scan the sign?
The customer can fill-out our paper smart form. A photo of the form can be taken and securely saved on the Shielded Website.
- Do my customers need to download an app?
No. Shielded.app works using the Web Browser built right into your customer’s phone.
- How are my customer’s data kept safe?
Shielded uses an encrypted SSL connection similar to those used by Internet Banking. Our secure databases are located in Sydney, NSW.
- How do I access records of visits?
You can access records through the Shielded account Web Application.
- How much does Shielded cost?
In light of the hardships that many businesses are experiencing, we've made Shielded.app FREE!
- How do I get started?